- September 12, 2018
- Posted by: Cardiff Labour Group
- Category: Latest News
It was recently announced that Cardiff is one of nine creative clusters in the UK to be awarded major research funding. Cardiff is one of the UK’s leading centres for screen production and Cardiff Council was proud to support the bid. It is fantastic news that the city has been successful in winning.
This investment in research and development of the screen sector in Cardiff will play a huge role in growing the sector for the future and towards continued growth.
What makes Cardiff Creative? Here’s a roundup of what’s going on right now within the Welsh Capital:
– This is the first time the city’s three Universities have collaborated on a major project.
– Cardiff recently won a UK Bid to host the media focused Creative Cities Convention 2019, beating Glasgow and Bristol on the shortlist.
– Cardiff has a new media, creative and knowledge hub rising out of the ground in Central Square. A pioneering development that will put the capital of Wales on the map for the creative industries – accessible from London in less than two hours door to door.
– Cardiff places culture, creativity and innovation at the heart of the city’s development.
– Cardiff is a young city and with more than 70,000 students, the creative potential of the city is vast.
– Over 7000 students in Cardiff study a range of creative specialisms aligned with creative industries.
– Cardiff is diverse, and the city that pioneered multiculturalism.
– Cardiff is not just a great place to work. When it comes to quality of life, Cardiff consistently emerges top European quality of life surveys.
– The most recent EU Survey saw Cardiff voted number one capital city for quality of life and also ranked top UK city for cultural facilities.